The German pressure vessel association published a regulation conform to the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC called AD 2000.
The purpose of ISO 50001: 2011 is to enable an organization to achieve continual improvement in its energy use and consumption or energy performance through a systematic approach. ISO 50001:2011 does not define specific energy consumption criteria but requires organizations to define its energy performance indices and targets and achieve them by implementing a proper action plan.
In general the harmonized European Standard DIN EN 13445 can be used for unfired pressure vessels. The final release of this standard is implemented since May 2002 Designing according to this standard is an advantage if you have customers all over Europe.
What are the advantages of the AD 2000?
- Germany has the largest market in the EU.
- The German Regulations are accepted by most of the European neighbors.
- The German regulations are the “toughest” in Europe, an approval according the German Pressure Vessel.
- Code will be the base for a future EU-Approval.
- Evidence for the delivery ability of quality products Marketing effect with TUV-certificate.
- Listed on VdTUV-Merkblatt1253.
- Documentation of material test in accordance with the standard.